Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Birth control types, how they work, and personal experiences

• Birth control types, how they work, and personal experiences

Posted by luisa-palazola on March 29, 2019 at 8:30 am

Birth control implant

IUD:

What is it:

Types: 5 types — ParaGard, Mirena, Kyleena, Liletta, and Skyla

Experiences: Varies and is dependent on the person and the type. Paraguard:For me, this has been the best option. I chose a Paraguard because its the only non hormonal option available, which is what I wanted because I am on a clinical trial and can’t risk getting pregant. The hormonal IUDs are effective for this trial, as it’s localized hormones, but for me, I didn’t want to risk anything. The first month was horrendous, and my first Paraguard actually expelled. I wondered if it was related to my coughing, but my second one has been comfortable in my uterus for 7 months. The periods have calmed down, though I do bleed for seven days straight and they’re much heavier than without BC. Overall, I feel safe with my Paraguard and the periods are worth it. This isn’t to say that it’s totally impossible to have a pregnancy, but if its well placed, it’s very unlikely. This is my experience and everyone has very different bodies and experiences.

Birth Control Shot:

What is it:

Types:

How they work:

Experiences:

Birth Control Vaginal Ring:

What is it:

Types:

How they work:

Experiences:

Birth Control Patch:

What is it: