• CF and politics

Posted by jenny-livingston on March 3, 2020 at 12:20 pm

I don’t post this with the intent of stirring up conflict, and I know that politics can be divisive and controversial. But I’m genuinely curious about something…

I have always had different political beliefs than most of the people I’m surrounded by, including many of my own family members. From an early age, I knew I disagreed with much of what they said/believed, but I was never sure why.

As an adult, I’ve realized that many of my political beliefs are based on empathy for others and wanting to help the vulnerable/under privileged.  Much of this is because I have felt very vulnerable and at the mercy of our political system, and I have seen others suffer greatly. I think that having CF and getting to know others within the CF/chronic illness community has greatly shaped my political views.

My question is this: regardless of your political leanings, do you feel like your beliefs have been influenced by CF? Have your health and struggles shaped your thoughts about political issues? Or are your political views and CF comepletely unrelated to one another?

jenny-livingston replied 4 years, 1 month ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.