• Chronic Pain and CF

Posted by luisa-palazola on July 24, 2019 at 8:00 am

Amongst the slew of respiratory and GI problems that CF causes, chronic pain is also not unusual for people with CF, especially as we age. Sometimes it’s a result of CF related arthritis, but I know others have pain in their bones and muscles. I think this could be related to vitamin deficiency and perhaps the wear and tear CF causes in general.

Before I started a very promising trial*, I started noticing the onset of CR related arthritis in my joints in my hands. I used to wake up and with crampy hands, and after a few slow hand exercises and massages, my hands would function normally. I haven’t dealt with that since starting this promising therapy*. But, I know a lot of my friends still deal with this chronic pain and arthritis.

Do you deal with CF pain and arthritis, how is it treated? I know narcotics are scary for a lot of people, and often difficult to access in general. I found yoga (still do) to be very cathartic.  Some people found therapeutic massages to be very helpful, and they’ve even managed to find a way to get them covered by insurance.

*study trial that I cannot legally discuss at the moment, but can say it has been amazing and is promising for the CF community

luisa-palazola replied 4 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.