Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Deciding to immerse yourself in the CF community

• Deciding to immerse yourself in the CF community

Posted by luisa-palazola on March 28, 2019 at 8:30 am

I know this is a strange topic, but I think for a lot of people, being an active part of the CF community is difficult. Whether it’s because they want to be as normal as possible and being in the community is overwhelming, or the emotional toll that comes with being friends with people that experience scary things that could also happen to you. Sometimes its just emotionally easier to distance yourself. Do you distance yourself for the CF community? Or do you jump head first?

For me, it took me a while to become comfortable with developing friendships within the CF community. I used to find myself commenting and helping others a lot, but friendships took a bit more easing up to. I think I did this mostly because, well, I didn’t want my whole life being centered around CF. I wanted to have normal friends. Which, is kinda garbage. Because, I’ve found the bonds I make with my CF friends are necessary for me to cope with CF. And feel less isolated.

luisa-palazola replied 5 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.