Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Dizzy and Sick: Do You Feel This?

• Dizzy and Sick: Do You Feel This?

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on February 8, 2021 at 11:06 am

Today I want to talk symptoms and see if you’ve ever felt the same or if you have any advice/wisdom.

Has anyone ever felt so dizzy that it made you horrifically nauseous? Which seemed to come first, in your case: the sickness or the dizziness?

I spent much of yesterday curled up in a ball- avoiding screens and TV and all things that made me see stars- trying to not throw up constantly. I have zero clue what brought it on, but it didn’t come with a headache or anything super obvious. It happened after I ate and my stomach felt a little weird, not before… so I kept wondering, “Can stomach upset make someone dizzy?”

My stomach has been having some major issues right now, including a return of a prolapse (which is really disappointing because that’s already been surgically fixed before, and I was hoping it wouldn’t reoccur). Considering I only have my small intestine left, I feel lucky to have had a couple of years of GI respite/stability, but feel angsty to be dealing with the less-than-glam symptoms again with such frequency

What is your GI journey with CF, and have you ever experienced a connection between your gut and your head? (Meaning: that dizzy/sea-sick feeling?)

tim-blowfield replied 3 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • tim-blowfield

February 9, 2021 at 4:22 pm

Sorry to hear of your woes. Yes a stomach upset can make one dizzy and nauseous. Not nice. With my wife it may often be a harbinger of a blockage (not uncommon in those who have no large intestine). She has been found to have Gastro-Oesophagael Reflux which is affecting her Larynx but not causing pain.
    This is why we need drugs which correct/potentiate the Chloride transport in EVERY cell of the body – not just in the lungs.