Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Doctors and Scientists Who Work with the CF Community Are Just Like Us

• christina-kolassa

April 9, 2019 at 9:47 am

I have 2 kid with CF. I had the extreme privilege of meeting some of the top scientist at Vertex as well as top researchers in CF back in Oct 2018. They were amazing. I went to Harvard Medical School to witness the Warren Alpert award ceremony and symposium. The top 5 medical researchers for Cystic Fibrosis were being recognized as the world’s foremost scientists, physicians and researchers for their breakthroughs in bio-medicine. I met Francis Collins, Paul Negulescu, Bonnie Ramsey and Michael Welsh. (Lap-Chee Tsui was the 5th scientist, but he wasn’t able to make the ceremony.) They all thanked ME! I went there to thank them. We hugged and cried. They are real people with hearts and souls. It was a life changing experience for me. I definitely felt more committed to having the kids follow through with treatment and therapies after meeting the actual scientists that created them.