Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Getting a Vest from Philly to Brazil: a Journey pt 1

• Getting a Vest from Philly to Brazil: a Journey pt 1

Posted by luisa-palazola on July 26, 2019 at 8:00 am

A Journey of 5,000 Miles Apart: From Philly to Brazil:

One day in March, my dear friend Emmanuele, who lives in Rondônia, Brazil told me she wanted a Vest. I told her it cost 20,000 dollars. And we agreed that if we had that kinda money; we’d prefer buying a car. ⁣A few days later, on a whim, I asked in my CF groups if anyone had a Vest they could donate. Almost immediately my friend Kaitlyn replied saying she had one. I screamed with glee in the middle of a coffee shop and started to tear up. ⁣

The only problem was that she (Kaitlyn) lived in Pennsylvania. How do you manage to deliver a $20,000 bulky piece of medical equipment from PA to Brazil?⁣

I sure as hell didn’t know; but was willing to start trying. ⁣

Things started to align, when I reached out to Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital and the BEAUTIFUL director of Volunteer Services on possibilities. It was possible, so long as we got the Vest to Memphis. ⁣

And that’s how I ended up in Philly, by myself. And, as though the Universe needed to remind me to keep faith — I’ve found myself with several pretty awesome Brazilians here. So, here’s to part one of this story. ⁣Soon to meet the so generous and gracious Kaitlyn ⁣and maintain our distance while being neurotic about germs. Should be cute.

TO BE CONTINUED

luisa-palazola replied 4 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.