• Going to Grad School Decisions

Posted by luisa-palazola on February 26, 2019 at 6:32 pm

Is anyone struggling with the decision to go to grad school? I’m in the beginning stages, ahem diapers, in thinking about grad school and it’s overwhelming.

I have absolutely no idea how I would manage working full time, having CF, and being in grad school. And, that’s not even my worry — because I feel like I could adjust my schedule to make things work. But, my concern is the stress that comes along with school.

In undergrad I was a pretty good student, but to maintain my GPA and meet my own standards, I had to work really hard and it often would come at the sake of my mental health. I often spiraled into depressions and anxiety would become horrific.

Granted, because of undergrad and since undergrad, I really invested in my mental health and coping skills. So I think I have a lot more tools at my disposal to cope with the stress of school.

But, other things do come to mind. The thought of paying for school, I would inevitably incur debts that I’m not sure I would be able to pay off in a job in Public Health. And, not only that — what about afterwards? What am I going to be doing with my life with an MPH, and will I be able to work at that point in my life?

Honestly, my biggest dreams are to have a family. And I don’t want to forsake my health for a degree that I’m not totally sure will pay off in the end and the stress of school. But, I also know that with my background I can do so much to benefit the communities I love so much.

luisa-palazola replied 5 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.