• Posted by jenny-livingston on April 4, 2022 at 9:35 am

Happy April, friends! As the weather is warming up, I’m looking forward to spending more time outside. I’m always more active in the warmer months, but as far as regular exercise goes… I’m in a bit of a rut right now. I’ve talked about this before on the forum, but I tend to get quite bored with exercise. I consistently mix things up — different types of activities, alternating days, listening to music or good podcasts while I move, etc. But I still find that I get bored and lose motivation. I’ve heard that motivation follows action, so I’m still getting up and doing things every now and then, but I would love for it to be something I were more excited about.

In what ways are you currently enjoying moving your body? It could be anything from a gentle walk to a full workout. Are there exercise programs or platforms that you enjoy using? Is there anything that prevents physical activity (I’ve had to modify some things due to an arthritis flare I’ve been experiencing for the last several weeks). I’d love to hear what exercise or body movement looks like for you right now.

jenny-livingston replied 2 years ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • paul-met-debbie

April 5, 2022 at 2:20 am

Good subject!

So, ask yourself Jenny, or anyone who reads this post and identifies with this problem:  who is the one your are talking about who would love to be more excited about moving the body? Isn’t the body excited about some type of moving by itself? Without needing  “assistance” from your planning and scheming mind? Isn’t it your mind that enjoys to produce thoughts about  “I should do more/less of this/that” the one that is really bothering itself and its image of “you”, while at the same time it is not about the mind at all, but about the body? It is not the mind that abstractly makes up a need to exercise, walk, do fitness? “It” (as far as it exists at all) will be lazily hanging around somewhere in the body (that’s what you think at least) while the body is working a sweat, won’t it? So what the h*ll is the mind interfering with when in the end, it will do nothing of the kind and just watches the body work out, while doing nothing itself at that time? It’s none of its bloody business to interfere in the innate needs or the body! If it doesn’t exercise itself, it should not meddle with the rules of the game either, don’t you think? Would you accept a neighbour or a friend pushing you to exercise your own body while he/she is sitting lazily on the terrace, drinking a cocktail? You would tell him to mind his own bloody business, wouldn’t you? So, tell your mind the same, tell it to shut the f*ck up and stop interfering with the innate natural needs of the body.

And this is precisely why planning about these things in the mind won’t work, or only very shortly. These thoughts of the mind are not embodied at all. There is no integration of body and mind happening here. The body doesn’t like or need to be pushed around by the mind. Actually, the mind and the body can’t be integrated, because the mind doesn’t exist other than in fruitless thoughts like these about should and shouldn’t, want, don’t want, crave, hate etcetera.

My solution: don’t think about this at all. If the mind is still, intuition will do its work by itself. There will arise a listening by the natural brain to the innate needs and pleasures of the body, an understanding that will go way beyond the current process of the talking mind. The body/brain, in the silence of not being disturbed anymore with stupid thoughts about training, will pick up effortlessly the exact needs of itself and the body and exercising will happen in just the way, the moments and the intensity as is perfectly suited for what is needed for the intuitive system.

Then the exercise will not be exercise at all, it will be moving happening by itself, out of nothing less or more than the pure Joy of moving. Probably you will suddenly and unplanned find yourself walking in nature, running with the horses and the dogs or your child, walking trails with your husband – just by itself, for the sheer fun of it. And there will not even the thoughts of “I am exercising, I need to do more/less of his, I am proud of myself to have exercised according to plan, I hate myself for not exercising today” etc. Just let it be. Quiet the mind, don’t listen to it, and in the stillness and space that arises, everything will be taken care of naturally, Wu Wei. Trust this. Try this. You will be amazed.

SO, I don’t exercise at all. Yet, according to my little device that keeps track, I see that I have done over 600 miles of walking, in 707 walks, for a total of 26.598 minutes (wow, never looked at these statistics before) since I bought this little thingy, 2 years ago. It all went by itself. And the dog enjoyed it very much also. And then there is the stair climbing 4 times a day to reach our apartment on the second floor. And there is resting and sleeping in between, sitting on the chair typing posts and Tales, lovemaking, cooking, cleaning the house, completely naturally happening by itself. No plans, no effort, no frustration, no guilt, no thoughts. Life exercises itself, if you ignore the thoughts and just let it do what it naturally wants to.

Look at your animals: do they have plans, scheme’s, platforms, systems? No. Do they exercise? No. Do they mover? H*ll, yes, of course! Do they detest it? No. When moving, are they having fun? Yes! At the end of the day, have you ever see a horse thinking: I should have moved more today. No! How do they know how to move, how much to move, when to move? By themselves, by listening to their innate nature. Do they think about it? No.  That’s why and how they know. It’s called intuition. Wisdom is another word. Follow them.

Exercise for you: force yourself to sit still for an hour and look outside, not thinking, not doing. Forbid yourself to move. Watch your breath going in and out. See what arises! I guarantee you, before minute 61 is over you will be moving with Joy!

• paul-met-debbie

April 5, 2022 at 8:56 am

Forgot to point out: the neighbor (aka the mind) I mentioned above is drinking your cocktail, eating your food and breathing your air! And doing nothing is return except bothering you. I would ignore him.

Move your Body, the title is almost right. I would say: let the Body move!

• sarais-var

April 7, 2022 at 6:46 pm

Hi, I know it’s a forum, but I would like to know when the Vertex company could sell such innovative medicines, such as Ivacaftor, Kaftrio, to name a few, of them we who are sick, those of us who live in Cuba, barely have creon or vitamins, my lungs every day It’s hard for her to breathe, my mother. My mother has sacrificed herself and went to Florida to see how she solves it or what form there is for some of these medications, please help, I need to breathe]]]

• paul-met-debbie

April 8, 2022 at 4:52 am

Dear Sarais Var,

My heart goes out to you. Your mother has done the right thing. If the mountain will not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain.

It is difficult to accept that these new medications are not yet available everywhere to everyone. These products are the result of capitalistic manufacturing in the most extreme form, and for now the manufacturer only provides it in those countries that can and are willing to pay the full price, which has nothing to do with costs of development and normal profit, is shamefully high and an expression of the utmost greed of stockholders.

History learns that after a while, when patents run out, products like this will become available at a more normal and human price point, where also countries like Cuba will be served. Until then, sadly patients will be left alone, or as in your case, have to be inventive and go look for a faster way. I sincerely hope your mother will succeed in her mission. And I call upon everyone involved in this bad example of capitalist greed, to end this immediately and see that all people with cf that are eligible will get access as of tomorrow.

Hang in there!

with love,

Paul

• jenny-livingston

April 8, 2022 at 9:05 am

@sarais1987 As Paul so eloquently said, there are so many factors at play, but it seems to boil down to one thing: money. I know there are other countries actively campaigning for access to these meds with varying degrees of success. The disparities in CF care across the globe are heartbreaking. I wish there more that we could do to help our CF friends in positions like yours. Please feel free to post here anytime. If nothing else, we can offer support and an exchange of information.