Tagged: 

• Sunday Morning (25)

Posted by paul-met-debbie on August 22, 2021 at 1:48 pm

We visit my sister and her family. We haven’t been there for nearly two years now, due to covid. Their family was too tricky a place for us, with children and jobs and lots of risky contacts. They have been as careful as possible, but still my sister got covid this spring, fortunately recovering completely within 2 weeks. Now they are all fully vaccinated and we decide it is safe for us to come together again. Last month on my birthday they paid a surprise visit to us but only for a short while, being on the road to a further destination. Now we can see each other for a couple of hours. The weather is excellent, warm, but not too hot because the sun hides behind some clouds frequently. Sitting outside in the garden, keeping some distance we don’t feel the need to wear a mask and still feel safe.

Despite knowing otherwise, time seems not to have past at all, everything is as it always was. Only some happenings have occurred, children have grown up even more, found a partner, graduated from university, started their first real jobs. But in the aliveness itself, the knowing of each other, the feeling of being family, nothing has changed.

Everyone is delighted to hear me and Debbie talk about the wonderful changes that occurred in my health since starting Kaftrio three weeks ago. Indeed, hearing us talk about this sounds even more miraculous in a way than experiencing it myself sometimes. They can even see that I have gained some pounds, and hear me not coughing.

Their dog Noodles has not forgotten us either, he is beside himself with pure joy once recognizing our smell, and it takes quite a while for him to calm down a bit. As a pup he stayed with us a couple of times when his humans were on holiday, and these weeks have forged a bond for life with us. The rest of the visit he keeps close to the both of us, making sure that he gets all the petting possible. We didn’t take our Buddha along, because she is very jealous of him and will constantly try to prevent him coming close to us, which is no party for either of them. On coming home, she sniffs out our clothes and wags her tail, recognizing where we have been and very pleased that she is still the only dog in her house.

She also knows what is really important in life – keeping the pack together and smelling good.

paul-met-debbie replied 2 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.