• Sunday Morning (46)

Posted by paul-met-debbie on January 28, 2022 at 11:22 am

Recently, on this website Brad Dell wrote a column about compassion and dignity on the work floor. I urge you all to read this. In this very well written story, he visualized a world where compassion would rule, in stead of competition. And dignity, in stead of fear and apologizing.

He draws an enticing picture. Indeed, this is what we need. Or is it? I dare to say that we need even more. Why come to the sea for water with a cup, when there is an ocean to our avail?

To answer one of his questions: yes, indeed, American society is sick and ruthless. But not only American society is, this is a world wide problem that comes with industrialization, scientification and the speeding and financialization of our interactions.

What the world needs, is indeed compassion and dignity. But what the world needs even more, is a story of belonging based on love. When there is love, compassion and dignity are implied, they are not needed anymore as a separate correction. This story of belonging, in which humanity could live without feeling incomplete or unexplained, goes beyond the stories of religion and science that we have previously made to explain our existence. These stories didn’t work, because they were based on separation between (wo)man and God or between all the phenomena that appear to us, which we felt more and more as “other”.

What we need, is not a believe, but trust and love. Not as a story, but as realization. Not as something that needs proof, but as something that we all intuitively know to be true as who we really are. Then we can start to live in harmony with nature and with all. Mankind needs to become Kindman again. Recently, I wrote a story about this. It’s called A Theory of Neverything. I invite you all to read it. It shows, that, even if you would approach the world from a purely scientific view, you will end up with Love nevertheless. You can find it on our website

paul-met-debbie replied 2 years, 2 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.