Tagged: 

• Sunday Morning (6)

Posted by paul-met-debbie on April 12, 2021 at 11:09 am

Nothing more impermanent than the weather. The week before Easter we experienced a summer- like wave of warmth, with four days in a row temperatures above 78F and clear skies. Second day of Easter however, a stream of polar air hit our little country and for two days our world was covered in a beautiful thick white blanket of several inches, in a freezing cold wind.

I love these changes and the lack of control we have over the weather. It puts us exactly in the right position – the one of having no position at all. It is very conducive for wholeness. We have no choice but to let it happen. Nature happens to us and there is not even surrender in that, because we are nature too. We happen to ourselves. Of course our mind tries to project the weather as a phenomenon outside ourselves and pretend to predict it with some success, to create the illusion of control (“the weather is exactly as we predicted it”) as if our predictions made it happen. But in the end, we have to shape our predictions according to what the weather does, not the other way around. This is Dao in action.

This weekend the weather decided to be not cold, but rainy and very wet. We don’t even feel the urge to try out our new car (yes, I promised to keep you posted) today, it will have to wait until the sun is back a bit. One would not want any drops of water on it right away now, would one? since it has been polished so beautifully and looks as if it just rolled out of the factory, while in fact it is almost 10 years old. Not today, not yet.

Jack and Daw (I mentioned them in my first post of this series – this is how we have named them) are sitting on their favorite spot, the warm chimney of the house we can see while sitting on the couch. They look at me and shake their feathers every now and then, to remove the raindrops. It is as if they want to say: “Come on, we are outside too, there is nothing wrong with a little rain, why don’t you join us!”, and of course they are right. And indeed, doggy needs a walk as well for her second round and it’s my turn, after Debbie did the morning outing. So I will interrupt this little talk and take a walk first. Don’t go away, I am back soon.

The coat presents this particular smell that happens when wool gets wet, and it has to dry for a while in the bathroom, while I sit down at the laptop again typing these very words. We had a good walk outside in the grey air, and not a single fellow dog owner joined us, although there are many around in this neighborhood. Only the little dachshund that lives in the apartment next to us greeted us downstairs at the front entrance, returning from shopping with her owner. Buddha and she exchanged some dog-perfume and that was all they told each other. Dogs are efficient that way, we can learn from this.

I could have ended here, showing that I learned this lesson as well by stopping my talk. But then some words were produced anyway without a clear purpose, spontaneously and without any reason whatsoever. This is Dao too you know. Bye now, I am going siesta to recharge my battery, have a great day!

paul-met-debbie replied 3 years ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.