• The changing seasons

Posted by jenny-livingston on March 10, 2022 at 4:50 pm

In the last few weeks, we’ve been experiencing weather ranging from zero degrees (Farenheight) and snow to 50 degrees and sunny. This is pretty typical of early springtime in Utah and to be honest, it’s my least favorite time of year. I love summer and fall, and while winter is not my favorite, I have come to enjoy it more in recent years. But the unpredictability of this time of year, the mud and slush, the tiniest tease of warmer days in between snowstorms… it all makes me feel a bit impatient.

I wasn’t joking about the mud and slush.

In just a matter of weeks though, we’ll be solidly into spring and warmer weather — a thought that makes my heart sing. I look forward to spending more time outdoors with our animals, doing some light hiking, seeing things begin to sprout and grow, and soaking up every ounce of sunshine that I can.

Since we’re not all in the same season or part of the world, what season are you in (or heading into) and what are some of the things you like or dislike about that season? Also, are there certain seasons in which your health seems to do better or worse than others?

tim-blowfield replied 2 years ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • tim-blowfield

March 10, 2022 at 6:28 pm

Oh! The wonderful Hippopotamus Song!  Wud, mud, wonderful mud, ,…………

• paul-met-debbie

March 13, 2022 at 10:46 am

We experience two seasons only. One is “Summer is coming”. This starts as soon as the fresh leaves come out, so already now. The other is “The days are lengthening”, which starts 22nd December. It happens that these two seasons in our experience smoothly connect.
    Healthwise,I like the outside air to be around room temperature. So between May and September is optimal. But when colder, we accomodate with clothes, shawl, hat and gloves.
    Wind, Rain, Sunshine, Clouds, we love it all. It’s called weather. Not fond of ice though. The slippery kind that is, not the Italian.
    And mud? Well, it’s soil after all. It is what grows everything.

• tim-blowfield

March 13, 2022 at 4:03 pm

That’s Ok. We live in Melbourne in Victoria Australia, a city renowned for having all four seasons in the same day. But really it is not so. WE have beautiful Autumn weather now. We did live at Egerton College, Njoro, Kenya from 1974 to ’78. Now there we did have all 4 in the one day for much of the year – balmy Autumn morning to start about 8 deg C, then overcast mid morning and raining at 1pm. Fined up to lovely Spring afternoon about 4 followed by a nice Summer evening.  Though near the Equator, was never very cold nor too hot as the altitude was 7500 feet.  Great for plant growth but the altitude knocked Reva’s health about with what we 30 years later  was CF.