Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Transitioning back to real life after the hospital

• Transitioning back to real life after the hospital

Posted by jenny-livingston on November 26, 2019 at 11:10 am

As difficult as it can be to put life on hold for a hospital stay (which, for me, is always two weeks) I always seem to have an even more difficult time transitioning back to real life once I’m home. I got home from the hospital a few days ago and I’m still struggling to get back into my normal routine.

Going from a place where my only job is to rest and focus on my health, then jumping right back into life as a functioning mother and member of society can be rough. On top of the usual day-to-day things that need to be done, I feel like it’s more important than ever to make my treatments a priority since I don’t want to lose the progress I made in the hospital! Add post-hospital fatigue into the mix and, well… it’s just never an easy transition.

Do you struggle getting back into the swing of things after a hospital stay? Do you have any tips or tricks that help make this transition easier? 

jenny-livingston replied 4 years, 4 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.