• Posted by jenny-livingston on June 29, 2021 at 10:57 am

As you may know, I’m a huge fan of celebrating life’s little victories!

Yesterday, I had an appointment with my ENT to check on my sinuses 6 weeks post-op. Pretty standard stuff. What wasn’t standard, what was in fact completely out of the ordinary, was that my frontal sinus cavity – for the first time ever – was open, clear, and not inflamed.

This has never happened in all the years I’ve known my ENT. Generally, even immediately following surgery, that area gets infected, inflamed, and frequently scars to the point that it closes off entirely. We literally high-fived and did a little celebratory dance. This feels like a big win and we are hopeful that a combination of Trikafta, keeping up with daily maintenance, and the recent addition of a new med will keep these sinuses of mine happier.

I’d love to hear about something you’ve celebrated recently.
    What is a “win” you’ve celebrated, big or small? 

jenny-livingston replied 2 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • paul-met-debbie

July 1, 2021 at 5:29 am

Wow, that’s good to hear Jenny, thanks for sharing!

Seems like Trikafta is working very well in your sinuses as well.

I had many ethmoidectomies, and every time the system started to inflame again quite soon after surgery indeed. After a while, they had taken out so much ethmoid that it didn’t regrow, but of course it is so much better if the source of the problem is neutralized, like now seems to have happened to you. Great! I hope to benefit as much from Trikafta as you clearly do (probably starting end of July – a possible-hopeful win).

• jenny-livingston

July 1, 2021 at 5:23 pm

Paul, I hope you do well on Trikafta and hope that you’ll share some of your experiences here. Prior to this surgery, I would have said that Trikafta had helped with some sinus symptoms but hadn’t made a huge difference. However, after getting things cleared out and experiencing a drastically different recovery, I am certain that Trikafta is what made the difference.