• Where are you joining us from?

Posted by jenny-livingston on November 20, 2020 at 2:30 pm

Both Bailey and I are from the USA, but many of our most active forum members are from other countries. I’ve been fascinated to learn about different perspectives and CF treatment around the world through our conversations here.

I’m curious to know where our members are joining us from. If you’re reading this, please drop a quick comment to let us know where you live and what your relation to CF is. 

judy-moreland replied 3 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • tim-blowfield

November 23, 2020 at 11:21 pm

Melbourne in the state of Victoria in Australia.

• paul-met-debbie

November 24, 2020 at 4:13 am

Currently we are living in Grathem, a little hamlet in the rural south of the Netherlands.
    150 miles from Amsterdam, 200 from Frankfurt and 350 from Paris.
    I was also born in this county, but Debbie originates from Bury St. Edmunds (United Kingdom), although she has resided in the Netherlands since she was 4 years old.

Thought for the day: no matter where we come from, on average we are all living 239000 miles from the moon, seen by all homo sapiens and other life that ever existed on this planet. Hi neighbors!

• judy-moreland

November 26, 2020 at 6:36 pm

Baldwinsville, NY, a suburb of Syracuse, NY in Upstate NY. Some people who aren’t familiar with New York State think that its mostly New York City, but upstate is very different. Syracuse in the snowiest “big” city in the country. I’m sure there are small towns or hamlets that are snowier in the north, but we are the biggest city with the most snow. I don’t mind the snow so much now that I don’t drive to work every day, but the cold in the winter really gets to me. When I weighed more, it wasn’t so bad, but my weight is down to about 95 pounds, and when we walk our dog in the winter, the cold is brutal at that weight. I do like Syracuse, though. We don’t have to worry much about floods, wildfires, earthquakes, tornados or hurricanes. The Great Lakes are the biggest fresh water system in the country, maybe even the world. There is a very active peace community in Syracuse, and that means a lot to me.

• jenny-livingston

December 1, 2020 at 12:27 pm

Judy, Syracuse sounds beautiful! I’m from Utah, so I understand your relationship with snow. I like it a lot more when I don’t need to be outside or driving in it!

• judy-moreland

December 1, 2020 at 12:48 pm

Bailey,

Fredonia is in Western New York State. Syracuse is in Central New York State. Fredonia is about a 3.5 hour drive from Syracuse. It’s funny, but as a young person I always thought that I had no accent. The people I worked with in Philadelphia laughed at the Syracuse flat “a” as in “I ha-a-ave to get my pa-a-ackage.” I worked on that flat “a” for awhile. Some people thought I was from New England. In Philly, the people often talked somewhat like people in New York City saying “cawfee” for coffee.