• Comparing yourself

Posted by luisa-palazola on January 6, 2019 at 8:46 pm

I think it’s normal to find yourself admiring what your friends are doing, but sometimes that admiration becomes self deprecating. And that’s toxic to you.

Becoming an adult, you start seeing your friends reach all sorts of milestones: families, marriages, traveling, graduate school, jobs. And even having CF, all those things are possible, except their going to be done in your own authentic style, because you’re more aware of what needs to be happen to be authentically yourself.

Or at least, this is what I tell myself when I feel like I haven’t fallen in love and gotten married yet. Or when I panic about not having gone to grad school. And when I feel like my uterus timeline is comparatively shorter than everyone else’s. I also have to remind myself that, I also have a lot of friends who are also not getting married, having babies, and earning a pHDs, and who also do not have a chronic disease. Because, we’re all are on our own timeline.

And what’s important is propelling in this world pursuing a life that’s authentic to you. It took me 25 years to finally be OK with this, and sometimes I have to remind myself.

Where are you on this journey? Do you ever get this feelings?

luisa-palazola replied 5 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.