Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Community Spotlights 31 Days of CF 2022 Day 4 of #31DaysOfCF: How I Maintain a Positive Outlook

• Day 4 of #31DaysOfCF: How I Maintain a Positive Outlook

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on May 5, 2022 at 5:29 pm

Jen Kyle was diagnosed at age 37, at the height of her teaching career and newly married. She was determined that CF would not define her. When Jen’s health declined to the point where she could no longer get through a teaching day, she started a dog-sitting business to stay busy. Her business grew into a successful retirement career and she was able to take much better care of herself. She soon started volunteering and now is an incredibly active member of the community.

Jen is also starting a new chapter: moving to Kentucky!

Jen, your resilience knows no bounds!

Now back to our CF Community: What keeps you motivated?

To read the rest of Jen’ story, and learn more about what she is doing to stay super busy, click here.

Our #31DaysOfCF initiative is running for the entire month of May. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with CF. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

jenny-livingston replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • paul-met-debbie

May 6, 2022 at 2:05 am

What a wonderful story! I can relate to this very well. Keeping busy enjoying life is a great way to prevent too much identification with the disease. A healthy mind for a healthy body.

• jenny-livingston

May 6, 2022 at 9:36 am

I love how involved you are, Jen! What an incredible story and example of following your passions.