Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Nighttime Thinking (PM Thought Routines)

• Nighttime Thinking (PM Thought Routines)

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on March 18, 2021 at 4:41 pm

I’ve been posting a bit about the wild week I’ve had (prepping for surgery, rushing to appointments, and also dealing with terrible GI issues and headache) and how completely unwanted that has come to be. I was building so much momentum in my working life- as a director and teacher and parent- that feeling like I’m “moving backwards” these last few weeks has been psychologically tough.

Then again, sometimes I think the backwards thinking is my own? I wish I embraced life changes a little better, but of course the demand- paying the bills being one of them- is easier said than accomplished.

Last night, I found myself focusing on all the little things about the next morning that are considered positives. For example, waking up and spraying lavender in the room. Taking one of my “nature cards” (these little witchy mantras with different nature themes) and pondering whichever I pulled for the day. Spending time with our animals, which is my favorite kind of meditation (coincidentally, it’s also my bunny’s favorite kind of meditation). And, of course, smelling coffee as quickly as possible.

So, my Question For You is “What was the last thing you thought about before you fell asleep last night?

Sometimes I’ll tell my girls “Meet me in your dreams!” and then say “Where are we going tonight? Disney World? Scotland?” and we jokingly plan where we will travel together in our dreams.

Do you think through your routine for the next morning as well, or do you focus on something less taxing?

bailey-anne-vincent replied 3 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.