• Sterlizing nebs

Posted by jenny-livingston on February 19, 2020 at 1:19 pm

I’m curious….

How do you sterilize your nebs? (Boiling, baby bottle sterilizer, dishwasher, other?)
    How often do you clean them? (At the end of the day, after each treatment, or other?)
    How do you sterilize them when traveling? 

I’ve tried different methods, but always come back to good ol’ fashioned boiling. And I don’t travel often, but when I do, I prefer to use disposable nebs. There’s been a time or two that I’ve microwaved them (distilled water, steam bags) while traveling, but it’s definitely not my favorite. I’m curious about your neb cleaning routines! And if you have any unique tips for sterilizing while traveling, I’d love to hear them!

jenny-livingston replied 4 years ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • gretchen

February 20, 2020 at 10:43 am

As instructed I wash 5” in Dawn then microwave 5” after every treatment (i.e.,twice daily). Haven’t had to travel whilst nebbing yet.

• jenny-livingston

February 20, 2020 at 11:02 am

@gretchendean I love how proactive you are! I’m more of a “use for the day, then throw into the cleaning pile” kinda girl. I use a different neb for each medicine, but I use the same nebs all day long (if that makes sense).

• sandra-moore

March 6, 2020 at 10:25 am

I have started to sterilize in my Instant Pot. It has a sterilizer feature. I have it set for 12 minutes. I wasn’t sure how long to set it for and wasn’t able to find any expert advise with recommendations. I am curious if anyone else is doing it this way and what timing they use.
    I used to use a baby bottle sterilizer and I think the Instant Pot is better as you can set it for longer cycles.

• jenny-livingston

March 6, 2020 at 2:05 pm

@sanemoore1 That is so cool! I’ve never even thought about using my Instapot!