• Travel tips and tricks

Posted by jenny-livingston on July 21, 2021 at 11:00 am

As I prepare to travel this weekend, I’m reminded of how unpleasant it can be to pack and prepare for trips. Well, I find it rather unpleasant, maybe others don’t mind the work. When I traveled more frequently, I had a pretty efficient system. I knew what to pack, the best way to make everything fit, and which items I could forgo. This time… as is the case with many other things that used to be so normal, traveling seems so strange right now (of course we will be taking extra, extra precautions due to COVID).

Do you have any tips and tricks when it comes to traveling with CF? Airport hacks? Packing suggestions? How do you transport meds and equipment? Do you have a go-to plan when it’s time to go? 

jenny-livingston replied 2 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • William

July 21, 2021 at 3:12 pm

Be up front with TSA that you have a medical device and medicine with you. Also, it’s really important to have a Doctor’s note with you. Yeah, they’re unable to look at the letter, but having a physical copy on hand let’s them know it’s serious.

• jenny-livingston

July 22, 2021 at 7:38 am

William, thanks! This is a great reminder. I used to do this, but had forgotten. I’ve got a clinic appointment today actually, so I’ll be asking for a letter.