• What is a comfort show for you?

Posted by William on January 18, 2023 at 12:34 pm

In a few columns of mine, I’ve let it be known that I am a huge television fan. From The Sopranos to most recently, Breaking Bad, I’m always game to watch a great television show. A lot of time spent with cystic fibrosis can be spent in front of a television (or computer) watching television.

What is a comfort show for you? What’s a show that you can put on where, no matter the episode, you’ll always watch? For me, along with the other two shows I’ve mentioned, I’d also include Seinfeld as it’s my favorite sitcom, and Succession, as it’s my favorite show that is still airing.

jeanne replied 1 year, 3 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • gina-michele

January 18, 2023 at 5:27 pm

For the sake of redundancy, I won’t tell you that my most favorite shows are also Succession and Breaking Bad (even though I just did).  Sometimes, the most comforting type of television is the type that can make you laugh and set a positive tone without a great deal of thinking or attention, and for me – that would mean The Office!  I can be actively tuned in or let it play in the background as I go about my regular routine, and laughter is always a guarantee – which to me is the most comforting trait of all.

• William

January 18, 2023 at 6:49 pm

The Office is another wonderful choice! Michael Scott forever!

• jenny-livingston

January 20, 2023 at 1:27 pm

A few of mine are Schitt’s Creek, Parks and Rec, The Office, The Mindy Project, and — something of an entirely different feel — Forensic Files (I’ve been told this is odd, but the narrator’s voice and process to finding justice are super comforting to me). As Gina said, I love something I’m familiar enough with that doesn’t require my full attention, and anything that gives me a laugh is a win.

• jeanne

January 25, 2023 at 10:09 pm

I wish there had been more seasons: GLOW (Neflix). It’s been a few years. It could be my age (67) that made this show sit so well with me.

Seinfeld: I am going through it all again… me and my oldest, now blind cat. He loves couch and “TV” time.

Not a fan of murder mysteries. Knew someone who was murdered, never solved. One day I was reading a murder mystery and it just hit me like a brick, and that was it – no murder mysteries since. Maybe eventually.

Currently really liking “The Good Fight”!

I need half-hour recommendations!  -jeanne-