Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Community Spotlights 31 Days of CF 2022 Day 10 of #31DaysOfCF: 29 Years of CF Treatments Prepared Me for Infertility

• Day 10 of #31DaysOfCF: 29 Years of CF Treatments Prepared Me for Infertility

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on May 11, 2022 at 5:33 pm

Joanie Santander noticed how everyone around her was having  a “Trikafta baby,” and she felt left out. Trikafta didn’t seem to be the key in her fertility journey.

In fact, it took  a lot more than just Trikafta for Joanie to get pregnant: five years and countless shots, an endometriosis surgery, a hysterosalpingography (an X-ray test of the uterus and fallopian tubes), multiple losses, and more.

Now, Joanie is  so grateful to finally be carrying her Trikafta baby. She’s halfway through her pregnancy:

“Every day I’m amazed that this is really happening, that the baby is healthy and hopefully happy, and that this body covered in scars and imperfections is the one carrying my baby.”

Joanie we wish you nothing but good health!

Now back to our CF Community: Has Trikafta been helpful in your own fertility journey?

To read the rest of Joanie’s story, and learn more about her fertility struggles, click here.

Our #31DaysOfCF initiative is running for the entire month of May. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with CF. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

paul-met-debbie replied 1 year, 10 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • paul-met-debbie

May 12, 2022 at 6:05 am

This is great to hear!

We are not trying to get pregnant ourselves. But the reproductive system has changed for the better since Kaftrio. See our earlier post commenting on day 9.

Besides that, Kaftio increased the energy available for creation considerably. I was figuratively pregnant with idea’s and since August I wrote many Tales for our website, more than in the 7 years before together. Enough even to make a book out of it, that describes a life with cf and the liberation I found through it. Also on our website soon.

Cheers,

Paul