Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Mental health check in and self assessment

• Mental health check in and self assessment

Posted by jenny-livingston on November 19, 2020 at 1:20 pm

As this pandemic continues and we approach a holiday season that will likely look very different for many of us, I thought it’s probably a good time to have a mental health check in. How are you? Have you found a peaceful rhythm, or are you struggling?

Years ago, I was taught this 5 question mental health self assessment that I’d like to share today. These questions can be asked daily, weekly, or whenever you would like to/remember (which, for me, is all too often not until I’m the throws of an anxiety attack):

1. How am I feeling today, mentally and physically?
      Sometimes we don’t recognize that we’re feeling stressed or anxious until we stop to name the feeling.

2. What’s taking up the most headspace today?
      Work? Family? Future plans? Is there anything I can either address or let go of?
    3. When did I last eat a whole meal?
      Lack of appetite can be an indication of something that needs to be examined deeper (stress, depression, etc). Nourishment is important for our mental and physical health.

4. Am I tired?
      This question may be answered with “a bit” or perhaps an immediate “yes! absolutely!” In that case, if at all possible, prioritize getting rest.
    5. What will I engage in that will bring me joy today?
      Finding even a few moments of joy in the day can be incredibly beneficial. 

I hope you’re doing well, or at least well enough. If there are any tips for mental health, coping, or stress relief you’d like to share here, please do so! 

jenny-livingston replied 3 years, 5 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.