• Miriam Figueira

Posted by luisa-palazola on February 27, 2019 at 5:04 pm

Oi! Estamos animados para apresentar a Miriam! @cfscience is 31 years old and lives in Chapel Hill, NC, and she will be one of the speakers for ResearchCon tomorrow! Here are three things important to HER story with CF. Be sure to answer her question at the end!⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣
    👩🏻‍🔬 I’m a 31 year old CFer, originally from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I was diagnosed with CF at 13 years old. And now, I’m currently a postdoc research scientist at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. My work is actually researching how CFTR modulators affect mucus properties in CF; and exploring other novel therapies, such as inhaled reducing agents that can be combined to reduce the effect of increased mucus concentration in CF. My work is very important for me to deal with my CF, however that’s also controversial since I struggle with having a full time job within the sciences and being a full time patient job. Because of this, I still wonder about my future.⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣
    👩🏻‍🔬My emotions: I love that my work can potentially benefit other CF patients, even if it’s projected for long term goals, as we never know with science. Patient stories keep me motivated to move forward and do my work! My other passions are traveling and hiking with beautiful views! I was lucky enough to travel around the world growing up and with that I explored and fell in love with so many different cultures! ⁣⁣
    ⁣⁣
    👩🏻‍🔬My messages: accept your disease, don’t try to live as it will be cured tomorrow, but don’t lose hope that better treatments will come! Don’t be resigned, fight to improve and change what you believe has to be different in your own world and in the CF world. Fight it with your own weapons, because each person has your unique way of fighting. My favorite quote is “Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.”⁣⁣ ⁣⁣ ⁣⁣ ⁣⁣
    That’s why I would like to ask to the CF community what is your current job situation? Do you work part-time, full time or maybe you’re not working now? How did you conquer and deal with the work situation you’re in right now? ⁣⁣

For more information follow this link.
    ⁣⁣

luisa-palazola replied 5 years, 1 month ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.