Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Navigating Insurance for Outta Town Patients

• Navigating Insurance for Outta Town Patients

Posted by luisa-palazola on June 26, 2019 at 3:20 pm

I go to clinic 3 hours away in Nashville. I made the switch about a year ago, as it was necessary because my city (Memphis) doesn’t have an adequate CF adult clinic. I like Vandy and am happy with the team there, which I’m super grateful for. But, getting Cigna to cover me over there has been frustrating and confusing. I originally got a Network Adequacy Provision last year, which I thought had me covered. And, it did — but, I didn’t know that I’d have to renew it, etc. Or whatever the proper term is.

So, I was surprised and frustrated to get a 2,500 bill for my last clinic visit. I got in contact with insurance, and was talked to a number of different people and heard things that were inconsistent. I finally had the sense to get in touch with Compass, who have been helping tremendously to get a new NAP and help with the bills that went to collections.

I’m still in this, and still confused and frustrated. And, will be calling for updates tomorrow. But, until I can get coverage, I can’t be seen. Well, I could — but, then the bills would mount.

luisa-palazola replied 4 years, 10 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.