Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Sunday Morning (58) Neurodivergence

• Sunday Morning (58) Neurodivergence

Posted by paul-met-debbie on April 22, 2022 at 9:30 pm

Recently, Nicole Kohr wrote an interesting column on this website (here) about Neurodivergence. This term, originally coined as Neurodiversity in 1991 by the social scientist Judy Singer, refers to having a brain that functions differently. In 1991, it applied only to autism related differences, but in the time since it has been related to all kinds of neurodevelopmental conditions as well.

This term neurodivergence was exactly the one that I was looking for. So thank you Nicole!

How come? Well, I planned for a long time to write about enlightenment / liberation in a neuro-scientific context. This is because some years ago,  while studying nondualism, I came across a very interesting theory that is conjectured by Gary Weber, a neurophysicist who trained his brain into enlightenment and currently is developing neuro feedback training to make this possible for everyone.

He proposed that the difference between a normal, scattered and suffering brain (with an active separating and individualizing mind) and one that was in peace of enlightenment (with a quiet mind), had to do with the balance between two large neural networks in the brain. There is enough indirect evidence to support this theory nowadays, but in his days it was a pretty daring conjecture. But on reading it I remember being instantly convinced that he had found something remarkable.

To honor him and to point to this “scientific” approach of the enlightened brain (for those of you who feel more comfortable with science than with philosophy) I wrote a Tale called:

“Is enlightenment a form of Neurodiversity?”

You can find it here on our website.

It is the concluding chapter of our upcoming book – look in our bookshop.

Here you will find three of the books that Debbie and I made the last few years. One bundle of some of my poems called Salut d`Amour (most in Dutch, but also in English and German – with beautiful illustrations of Debbie’s art painting). Then there is Debbie children’s book based on Daoism with gorgeous illustrations that she made herself as well (Catje Bloesem). And the next book will be there soon, I am currently doing the last editing stuff on it. It is called  “Tales & Paintings from Oneness”. There will be 23 of my Tales and about 20 of Debbie recent and elder most beautiful paintings, presented as one piece of “Gesamtkunst”. We are very excited to share this with every one.

All the books are free for download in pdf. However, you can also order a hard copy of them if you are so inclined. This of course is not for free, but almost at cost price. We are no store and we are not in it (or in anything) for the money. Creativity and money don’t mix well.

Enjoy the Talk and the free downloads of the two books, and number three will be there soon as well to download.

Have a great Sunday!

Paul & Debbie

paul-met-debbie replied 2 years ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • paul-met-debbie

April 25, 2022 at 5:38 am

For those of you who downloaded earlier than Monday, 25 april, I updated the Tale with some extra paragraphs on the use of drugs and alcohol as a means of changing the state of conciousness. In it, I explained why this is not a road to liberation, as can be learned from the story of prof. dr. Richard Alpert, better known as Ram Dass.

Enjoy!