• Visiting a New CF Clinic

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on January 30, 2020 at 12:42 pm

I had my first official clinic day (yesterday) at my new CF clinic… and it couldn’t have gone better. Not in terms of my actual health (my lung function was down, I’m doing a round of Prednisone, and had to go visit a sinus surgeon), but in terms of my mental health, stress and anxiety.

I have always hated going to CF clinic, and though distance and driving were really the issue, communication was a small part too. I like to joke about the hard stuff, or be very nonchalant about certain things, so if a physician is a very literal person, I am not always the best patient for them. In the past, it’s felt like speaking two different languages.

Yesterday felt amazing: everyone was speaking the same language. It made all the difference in the world in my stress level. Considering I once considered never going to a clinic again… This is a complete 180. There was so much value, purpose and positivity to yesterday’s events that I can already see how my health will likely improve because I’m working towards something with people that I want to make proud/do well for and with.

Have you ever changed clinics or doctors for this reason? How much does communication mean to you?

bailey-anne-vincent replied 4 years, 2 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.