Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF What are You Trying to Understand About You?

• What are You Trying to Understand About You?

Posted by William on November 18, 2022 at 10:30 am

Hi, everyone! My name is William Ryan and I have been a columnist for CF News Today for the past few months, but today and here on out, I’m happy to let everyone know that I am taking on the role of Co-Moderator for the CF News Today Forums. I’m very excited to work with Jenny, as she’s done a phenomenal job. Best wishes to Luisa as she embarks on her new endeavors!

If you read my column, then I’d first like to say thank you, but if you don’t, it’s called Understanding Nonsense. In this column, I try my best to articulate my thoughts and feelings, as well as try to understand my place within the larger CF community as a person with rare mutation/nonsense genes. Hence, my title for the column.

In this chaotic world that we live in, it’s important to take a step back and figure out how we got where we are in the present. 

So, what are you trying to understand about yourself?

jenny-livingston replied 1 year, 5 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jenny-livingston

November 18, 2022 at 12:59 pm

William, I’m so glad you’re here! Thanks for this introduction, and also for the question you posed. I think that understanding ourselves is an endeavor with no end. Something I’m learning to understand is the way that CF has been part of my identity for so long, and what it means now that much less of my time and energy are tied up in CF these days. I no longer identify with CF in quite the same I have for so long. Learning what that feels like and what it means for me has been… interesting.