Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Welcome to 2022! Resolutions, anyone?

• Welcome to 2022! Resolutions, anyone?

Posted by jenny-livingston on January 3, 2022 at 11:32 am

Happy New Year, friends! As we begin 2022, I’m curious to know whether you have any resolutions, goals, or intentions for the year. While I am a huge fan of self-development and growth, I am not a person who sets New Year Resolutions. However, I love hearing about the goals and plans of others!

Do you have health goals? Do you want to learn a new skill or hobby? Are you trying to break or perhaps create new habits? Do you plan to travel or try something new? If you’ve got a New Year Resolution, tell us about it here!

jenny-livingston replied 2 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • paul-met-debbie

January 4, 2022 at 4:31 am

Ah, resolutions! I love those. For 2022, I have exactly seven of them:

For next year, I am very resolute to

– breath in and out a lot; I plan on doing 6.300.000 of those, but perhaps I can improve on that? Have to do some research;

– practice on keeping my blood pressure just right for the occasion; I am reading a lot about this and I am almost getting to the point of exactly understanding this;

– experience gravity fully. It should be at least 9.8 m per second squared, so that is what I am aiming for seriously;

– exactly determine what is good or bad for me; this should be no problem, because after all what is not good, is bad, and what is not bad, ought to be good, no?

– let come what comes, and let go what goes; so I should stop doing, and stop even that;

– just be; there is not much effort in this, so I should be able to at least accomplish this one;

– love; since I am love, this one as well is going to be a piece of cake; well, two out of seven, that’s not bad at all.

Choosing aspirations wisely will cause a lot of true joy.

Happy New Year and good luck for all of you with or without resolutions!

I hope you will indeed achieve something, all be it the wisdom that there is nothing to achieve and all has been taken care of already.

• jenny-livingston

January 4, 2022 at 8:47 am

Okay, okay, Paul… you may have convinced me to set some resolutions after all. 😄 Those are all great aspirations to have this year (and all the other years as well).