Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Community Spotlights 31 Days of CF 2022 Day 6 of #31DaysOfCF: CF May Be Scary, But People With CF Are Tough

• Day 6 of #31DaysOfCF: CF May Be Scary, But People With CF Are Tough

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on May 9, 2022 at 5:00 pm

Craig Jones is 37 years old, from England, and has CF. He was diagnosed at 3 weeks old.

Craig has a real penchant for running,  inspired by his father, who was a runner. He has completed virtual runs, 10Ks, half and full marathons! He’s currently doing a year-long challenge to run a mile a day. 

Craig believes that CF is scary and unpredictable, yet he also thinks that people with CF are resilient, and tough:
    “Whilst I’m still breathing, I need to help those who struggle, too. Raising awareness and money for charity is the least I can do.”

Craig, you are, 100%, one-tough-cookie!

Now back to our CF Community: Where do you find your strength when the going gets tough?

To read the rest of Craig’s story, and learn more about why he does what he does, click here.

Our #31DaysOfCF initiative is running for the entire month of May. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with CF. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

paul-met-debbie replied 1 year, 11 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • paul-met-debbie

May 10, 2022 at 1:07 am

I find strength in love. Love for life, Love as life, Love for my wife Debbie and our little dog Buddha. I find strength also in writing, reading, music and nature.

When the going gets tough, in the end I find incredible strength in surrender. Life is always complete, in sickness and in health, it will present itself just the way it is most fitting for the moment. Surrender, or compliance, teaches the ultimate lesson: we are not separate from that what is, we Are that what is. We don’t come into this world, we came out of it. And he who put me here, will also bring me home.