Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Community Spotlights 31 Days of CF 2022 Day 30 of #31DaysOfCF: Singing for Joy – and Cystic Fibrosis Awareness

• Day 30 of #31DaysOfCF: Singing for Joy – and Cystic Fibrosis Awareness

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on May 31, 2022 at 5:57 pm

Sicily Russo is 15, and was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis when she was 9 months old. Since she was little, she felt different from others around her. Growing up the one thing she could count on to be her outlet was music. It sparks so much joy in Sicily and motivates her to power through any rough patches.

She started writing songs with her dad, about her experience living with CF. Together they’ve raised around $40,000 by selling their music, playing shows, and doing fundraisers.

“Music has saved me in many ways.”

Sicily, we love that the world gets to enjoy your creativity!

Now back to our CF Community: Is music part of your life? If so, how has it helped you?

To read the rest of Sicily’s story, and find out how her passion helps her live with CF, click here.

Our #31DaysOfCF initiative is running for the entire month of May. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with CF. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

paul-met-debbie replied 1 year, 10 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • paul-met-debbie

June 1, 2022 at 8:34 am

I found your Youtube channel, Sicily. It’s great to hear you make music, never stop singing!

Music taught me to be in the flow of creation. My mother taught me to play the piano when I was 5 years old and I never stopped since. Playing the piano dissolved my notion of ego, time and space into one. Making music is one of my  profound joys.