Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums COVID-19 and CF Columnist Reflects on the Notion of “I’m Fine”

• Columnist Reflects on the Notion of “I’m Fine”

Posted by kevin-schaefer on April 15, 2020 at 7:00 am

Hey everyone! Hope you’re all hanging in there.

Check out Brad’s latest column here. This is an exceptionally poignant column about tending to one’s mental and emotional health. I think a lot of us use the phrase “I’m fine” in such an arbitrary fashion. Brad writes a great reminder that it’s ok to not be “fine” all the time.

This passage in particular sticks out to me: “However, in my old age as a CFer, I now know the wisdom of processing emotions as they come, rather than suppressing them until they lash out uncontrollably. Now that I’ve realized today’s subconscious anxieties, I’ll take steps to fully realize them so that I can process them in a healthy manner. I’ve found many others with chronic conditions similarly suppress grief and fear. Let’s practice intentional emotion-processing together in this surreal season. Following are tips to get us started.”

How are you processing this pandemic mentally and emotionally? Do you have any additional tips of your own? 

kevin-schaefer replied 4 years ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.