Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums COVID-19 and CF Columnist Writes About an Unexpected Calmness in the Midst of Isolation

• Columnist Writes About an Unexpected Calmness in the Midst of Isolation

Posted by kevin-schaefer on April 8, 2020 at 7:00 am

Hey everyone! Hope you’re all staying safe and healthy out there.

So while many people are on edge and filled with anxiety right now (myself included), I wanted to share a more positive perspective. In her latest column, Wendy wrote about how she’s experiencing an unexpected calmness in the midst of isolation. Whereas she felt overworked and always on the go prior to the COVID-19 outbreak, she now has an opportunity to slow down and focus on her health. She’s been able to relax more, focus on nature, and immerse herself in enjoyable hobbies.

With all of the heartbreaking and negative stories flooding our newsfeeds, I think this is an important perspective. I’ve definitely experienced a lot of stress and anxiety during this crisis. However, I’ve also been able to reflect, read, watch movies, enjoy music, and connect with friends and family. Focusing on these things helps me maintain my sanity.

Do you have any takeaways from this column? Do you have any strategies for practicing calmness during this time?

kevin-schaefer replied 3 years, 11 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.