Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums COVID-19 and CF Covid vaccine side effects?

• Covid vaccine side effects?

Posted by paul-met-debbie on July 18, 2021 at 11:04 am

Debbie and I both have received our covid vaccines (Moderna).

We tolerated them well initially, with only a sour arm to report.

Only recently, both of us noticed a rise of sensibility in the airway epithelium. Debbie normally only experiences some slight increase in inflammation during the hay fever time, and as a child she has some light astmatic problems. Now recently, mid summer, there is a persistant irritability of the nose and throat, as well as a tight feeling in the chest. It is no big deal, she decided to take some of the spring medication to remedy the inflammation, but still. It started about 2 weeks after the first covid shot.

In my case, also from two weeks after the first injection, I noticed a slight increase in inflammation as well. Mucus getting a little more sticky, harder to cough up with my normal practices. Fortunately the infection has not increased so far, but the difference is very noticeable.

Of course there is no way of knowing if these complaints are caused by an increase in the airway activity from a boost in the immune system, but that is where our intuition puts it. Hopefully the airways will eventually return to their normal equilibrium.

Anyone who experienced the same effect, please feel free to react to this post.

paul-met-debbie replied 2 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.