Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Feeding Tubes (Experiences and Removals)

• Feeding Tubes (Experiences and Removals)

Posted by bailey-anne-vincent on November 19, 2020 at 9:04 am

I wrote a little bit about food dynamics and little pleasures, but nutrition brings to mind a really major feeding tube question of mine:

Have you (or your loved one) ever had one? Have you ever had to consider getting one but didn’t? And if you’ve had one, did you ever have it removed?

I have gained weight in the last year or so, and that’s amazing. It’s been literally YEARS of trying and failing. I don’t know if it’s the surgeries I’ve had or the meds I’m taking, but things have finally improved.

Because of this, I keep thinking: “Should I get my feeding tubes out?” Still, since I haven’t gained that much and know it’s often needed when least expected, I’m scared to take that step. Almost every time I’ve considered removing it, some sort of health crisis arrives that leaves me thankful I had it. I say: “Wow, I can’t imagine this if I hadn’t had my tube”… You know? I have some stomach paralysis and some parts altered and removed, so I can only eat so much per-oral.

What about you? Have you experienced anything similar with other medical devices?

bailey-anne-vincent replied 3 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.