• It’s National Pharmacy Week!

Posted by jenny-livingston on October 20, 2020 at 12:25 pm

National Pharmacy Week is celebrated the third week of October to acknowledge the invaluable contributions that pharmacists and technicians make to patient care. I’ve been blessed with the best pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. My healthcare and life have been transformed by their assistance, expertise knowledge, invaluable advice, and friendship (which isn’t part of their job description, just an added bonus).

As long as I’ve been attending my adult CF center, I’ve had a dedicated CF pharmacist on my care team. With time, that team has grown to include other pharmacists (both inpatient and outpatient) and two incredible pharmacy technicians. I didn’t realize until last year that this is rare and many CF centers don’t have a pharmacy team like mine.

Last year, I had the amazing opportunity to attend the North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference (NACFC) and essentially rave about my pharmacists and pharmacy techs. We laughed and cried together, and I got even more insight into the world of pharmacy from their perspective.

I am eternally grateful for the pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in my life. I cannot imagine what I’d do without them.

Do you have dedicated CF pharmacists and/or pharmacy techs at your center? What is your experience with pharmacy like? 

paul-met-debbie replied 3 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • paul-met-debbie

October 22, 2020 at 2:09 pm

Yes my cf team has some dedicated pharmacists and they are great. Some years ago when I was in a phase that I needed 5 or 6 IV antibiotic courses a year for several years, these wonderful pharmacists responded to my request for in-home treatment and made it possible that I could do all these courses at home with the most modern delivery systems available. I only had to go to the hospital for the needle, and the rest was delivered at home. This was a blessing.
    My GP takes care of my normal meds, there is a pharmacy connected to her center. If needed, they deliver at home.