• Make-A-Wish’s new policy

Posted by William on April 13, 2023 at 9:00 am

Recently, I wrote about Make-A-Wish’s new policy regarding CF patients. They will no longer automatically qualify for a wish, due to advancements in treatments. Now, each child with CF will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

It’s great to acknowledge the strides made by scientists to advance the quality of life for CF patients, especially those growing up with CF. However, there are kids who are not able to take CF modulators.

Do you believe Make-A-Wish should be making these decisions on behalf of CF patients? Or should it still be left up to children and their families if they want a wish granted?

William replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • gina-michele

April 18, 2023 at 3:29 pm

Considering the reality that some children with CF are not able to take modulators, I don’t necessarily think that it would have hurt to have kept the policy as it originally was. It is suffice to say that the day-to-day life of someone with CF, especially a child with CF, is exponentially more difficult than those without. For that alone, I believe that these CF children, amongst other children with illness, should be able to experience the joy of making and receiving their Wish.

• William

April 18, 2023 at 7:17 pm

I agree!