• Marijuana, CBD, and antibiotics

Posted by luisa-palazola on March 28, 2019 at 5:19 pm

Do you use marijuana (weed)? I recognize we have a chronic lung disease, and it’s certainly not advisable that we smoke (anything) for two reasons:
    1. Marijuana combustion comes with the same and potentially more serious (typically deeper inhalations) toxins, irritants, and carcinogens, and damage to the lungs. An endeavor that is not advisable for someone who already has compromised lungs.
    2. This is something I speculate, but I am not sure of, but I wonder about lingering bacteria or potential mold growth in weed. And, while theoretically it’s going to be smoked and probably not survive that combustion, it something I don’t want to risk.

With this said, I still am a proponent for marijuana usage (responsibly, legally, and obtained from a reliable source). It’s worthy to mention *not smoked*. I think its medicinal benefits for chronic pain, it’s potential to stimulate appetites, and (for some) manage anxiety is unparalleled to any of the pharmaceutical drugs out there, and it certainly does not come with the serious potential problems that some they come with.

With that said, I remember a time a few months ago that I desperately needed pain relief and was absolutely not going to take any opioids. I was on IV antibiotics, Tobra and Ceftaz. I’ve used these antibiotics numerous times in the past, but never had experienced such severe side effects. Particularly from the Tobra. I had developed severe joint pain that was interfering with all aspects of my day and my sleep at night. The Tobra had also made me incredibly nauseated and I couldn’t hold down food and was quickly losing weight.

I had a few edibles in my closet, and they became a life saver that allowed me to stay on the antibiotics for the full duration (my tobra levels were normal). However, I found this article a few days ago that is sparking my curiosity. I’m not too sure about the reliability of the source, but unfortunately research with marijuana is severely limited (legal obstacles and funding) so I don’t know quite what to think. Something to keep in mind, how marijuana could potentially affect the liver’s way of processing antibiotics (and other medications) out of the system.

luisa-palazola replied 5 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.