Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Photos to accompany Sunday Morning (26)

• paul-met-debbie

February 21, 2022 at 2:23 pm

Thank you Jenny for uploading the pictures. I wrote the Sunday Morning tale about mountain climbing a while ago, but only this week I found some old pictures to go with it, when I  was digitalizing my old albums.

On the first photo in the background you see the Austrian mountain Scesaplana I summited when being only 14. It is the most right of the three mountains you see.

The third picture is an ice field on 2800 meters (9200 ft) we had to cross on the way up. You see three little climbers on the right edge, starting to cross the field. I took the picture, so I am not one of them, but we crossed the field a few minutes later.

The middle picture is a few feet below summit of 2965 meter (9728 ft). On the large cross it said (in German, being in Austria): “Ich bin der Herr der Berge und der König der Gipfel”, a rather pompous display meaning “I am the Lord of the Mountains and the King of Summits”. I am the boy in front, sitting, with the white cap. My sister is wearing the red stockings and the knickerbocker.

Hope this brings the story even more alive.

Grüss Gott!