• Who is a hero to you?

Posted by William on January 13, 2023 at 12:17 pm

This upcoming Monday in the USA is Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a nod and celebration of one of the United States’ greatest heroes. For those unaware, Dr. King was a champion of civil rights in the United States during a time in our country when not everyone was seen as an equal citizen. Since his untimely assassination in 1968, King has become a hero to all people across all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious beliefs.

No one person is perfect, however, we all have looked up to someone famous, at one point or another for some kind of moral guidance. Who is someone that is a hero to you? How do heroes relate to your experiences with CF?

William replied 1 year, 3 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • gina-michele

January 18, 2023 at 5:39 pm

My parents are my heroes.  While it sounds so cliche for a child to say that their parents are their heroes, it is true for me.  I have such a deep respect for my parents – all of the strife they’ve overcome in their lives, how they got through incredibly difficult times individually and together, and how they continue pushing through their daily struggles and health challenges with such continued optimism, gratitude, and love for those around them.  My heroes have helped me to become the woman I am today – which is a loyal, dedicated, and proud daughter, wife, and caregiver.

• William

January 18, 2023 at 6:48 pm

Your parents sound like truly wonderful people! They definitely raised a great woman!