Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Community Spotlights 31 Days of CF 2022 Day 12 of #31DaysOfCF: I Keep Being Grateful

• Day 12 of #31DaysOfCF: I Keep Being Grateful

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on May 13, 2022 at 5:30 pm

Camille Richards was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis (CF) seven years ago at the age of 19. Since then, she has gone through the grieving process many times.

Someone once told Camille that all pain is valid no matter how big or small. By validating and allowing the losses to be there without judgment, Camille is able to see and appreciate the good. There is much to be grateful for.

“While my genetics do not qualify me for a modulator, I am grateful for a community dedicated to advocating, researching, and fighting for a cure.”

Camille we are so grateful for you!

Now back to our CF Community: Do you actively practice gratefulness? Does it help you?

To read the rest of Camille’s story, and learn more about her journey towards self-acceptance and gratefulness, click here.

Our #31DaysOfCF initiative is running for the entire month of May. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with CF. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

jenny-livingston replied 1 year, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • paul-met-debbie

May 14, 2022 at 4:33 am

Gratefulness is a precious gift. Living consciously is practicing gratefulness every moment. If we do this wholeheartedly, it goes beyond practice and becomes our first nature.

Self-acceptance is not necessary. There is no self. There is only acceptance. And even that is an illusion, for there is nothing to accept and no one to accept it. Acceptance is gratefulness. Life can’t not be accepted. It is there, full of love and as love, no matter what we accept or not. We can act in the mind as if this is not true for us, and suffer dearly from this illusion. Then life will be as unrequited love. It will still be there, patiently waiting for us to realize it and comply, fully merge in it. Nothing we can do can change this, we will ever be eligible for life and love. It will never turn against us, no matter what we do or think. It is Grace.

• jenny-livingston

May 16, 2022 at 3:23 pm

“All pain is valid no matter how big or small” is something I think we can all remind ourselves of every now and then. Loss and grief are part of life and perhaps even more so a part of CF life. It’s okay to feel those losses deeply, no matter how big or small they are.