Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Community Spotlights 31 Days of CF 2022 Day 16 of #31DaysOfCF: Moving Forward, One Step at a Time

• Day 16 of #31DaysOfCF: Moving Forward, One Step at a Time

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on May 17, 2022 at 5:54 pm

Amanda Biederman was diagnosed with CF when she was 4 years old. She is now 32. After graduating college and working as an oncology nurse, CF progressed quickly. At 28, Amanda found herself in end-stage lung disease, her job,  independence, plans, all seemed like they were being stripped away from her.

On Jan. 2, 2019, Amanda received a life-saving double-lung transplant. Then nine months later she was diagnosed with a form of cancer called post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder. Her body responded very well to treatment, and she has been cancer-free since fall 2020.

Now, in 2022, in Amanda’s life there is stability for the first time in a very long time. She is learning to move forward into her future, step by step.

Amanda, we are so glad things are looking up!

Now back to our CF Community: When living with CF, how does “moving forward” look like?

To read the rest of Amanda’s story, and learn more about her hopes and plans, click here.

Our #31DaysOfCF initiative is running for the entire month of May. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with CF. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

jenny-livingston replied 1 year, 10 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jenny-livingston

May 19, 2022 at 9:06 am

Step by step, day by day. That’s all we can do, right? I used to think that life needed to follow a mapped-out plan, a timeline. At some point (and I can’t even say when this happened) I realized that there is no deadline for our goals or dreams. Life is a roller coaster — CF certainly adds a few extra twists and turns — but it’s an incredible ride. I’m so happy to read that Amanda has found some stability and is currently cancer-free!