Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Amanda Biederman was diagnosed with CF when she was 4 years old. She is now 32. After graduating college and working as an oncology nurse, CF progressed quickly. At 28, Amanda found herself in end-stage lung disease, her job,  independence, plans, all seemed like they were being stripped away from her.

On Jan. 2, 2019, Amanda received a life-saving double-lung transplant. Then nine months later she was diagnosed with a form of cancer called post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder. Her body responded very well to treatment, and she has been cancer-free since fall 2020.

Now, in 2022, in Amanda’s life there is stability for the first time in a very long time. She is learning to move forward into her future, step by step.

Amanda, we are so glad things are looking up!

Now back to our CF Community: When living with CF, how does “moving forward” look like?

To read the rest of Amanda’s story, and learn more about her hopes and plans, click here.

Our #31DaysOfCF initiative is running for the entire month of May. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with CF. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

Jenny Livingston
      Keymaster

Step by step, day by day. That’s all we can do, right? I used to think that life needed to follow a mapped-out plan, a timeline. At some point (and I can’t even say when this happened) I realized that there is no deadline for our goals or dreams. Life is a roller coaster — CF certainly adds a few extra twists and turns — but it’s an incredible ride. I’m so happy to read that Amanda has found some stability and is currently cancer-free!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2022 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account