Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Community Spotlights 31 Days of CF 2022 Day 26 of #31DaysOfCF: My Challenges Have Helped Me to Be a Better Mother

• Day 26 of #31DaysOfCF: My Challenges Have Helped Me to Be a Better Mother

Posted by jessie-madrigal-fletcher on May 27, 2022 at 6:05 pm

Katie Lockwood’ grew up surrounded by love. Having said that, life with CF was challenging too. Treatments and her medicine regimen were a constant push and pull for Katie and her family.

“They say different children need different things.”

Now that Katie has become a mother, to Rose and Magnolia, she can appreciate what makes each of them unique. Katie likes who she has become, and she looks forward to seeing how her girls’ personalities will develop, from the influences of nature, nurture, and necessity.

Now back to our CF Community: What CF challenges have taught you the most?

To read the rest of Katie’s story, and learn more about her life and her daughters, click here.

Our #31DaysOfCF initiative is running for the entire month of May. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with CF. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

jenny-livingston replied 1 year, 10 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jenny-livingston

May 30, 2022 at 2:20 pm

I don’t think our character is ever tested during times of ease. It happens during challenging times, and CF has definitely presented many opportunities for growth in my life. Like Katie, I really like the person I am today, due in part to those challenges (although I didn’t necessarily love those hard things themselves).