Cystic Fibrosis News Today Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​CF Resources and Roadblocks in Healthcare

• Resources and Roadblocks in Healthcare

Posted by jenny-livingston on August 9, 2022 at 11:50 am

As patients navigating the healthcare system, I think we are oftentimes more aware of cracks in the system than those who make administrative decisions. We know what areas are lacking and where more resources are needed because we’ve experienced what it’s like to not have them.

In your healthcare/chronic illness experience, what have some of these roadblocks been? If you could provide tips to those in management, your clinic, or to an insurance company, what would you tell them? In an imaginary perfect world, what resources would you like to have access to that don’t exist currently?

luisa-palazola replied 1 year, 8 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • luisa-palazola

August 16, 2022 at 1:56 pm

Oof, this is a great question. There’s so many unnecessary hurdles within our healthcare system. One that comes to mind are prior authorizations. I don’t know if I have any tips, but moreso I wish that a doctor’s order would override what is deemed medically necessary by insurance companies!