• Posted by jenny-livingston on February 13, 2020 at 6:50 pm

For the past couple weeks, I’ve been taking antibiotics to treat pneumonia. During that time, I’ve complained about the side effects far more than I’d like to admit.

I recently posted about how my doctor and I were both surprised to discover that I had pneumonia. Based on my symptoms (or, rather, lack of them) we never would have guessed it. Generally, when I’m sick, I’m really sick. Medication side effects seem like a fair trade off when I know I’ll feel so much better afterward. When I’m feeling that sick, I’ll deal with whatever it takes to get feeling well!

But this time I was already feeling fine. I only started feeling poorly after starting the antibiotic. It’s hard for me to come to terms with the fact that I needed this course of treatment when I wasn’t feeling awful to begin with. I think that’s part of why I’m having a harder time with side effects right now! They just seem so unnecessary (even though I know it was important to treat the pneumonia).

Do you find that it’s easier to accept certain things (whether it be medication side effects, being admitted to the hospital, or some other unpleasant thing) when you’re feeling sick? Do you resist or resent treatment when you’re feeling well, even though you know it’s necessary?

jenny-livingston replied 4 years, 2 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.