• Posted by jenny-livingston on November 18, 2020 at 2:20 pm

“This month and throughout the year, let the quiet perseverance of our family caregivers remind us of the decency and kindness to which we can all aspire.” -President Barack Obama

November is National Caregivers Month and in the CF community, I believe our caregivers deserve a shout out.

Growing up,  I was the third in our family to be diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. As our primary caregiver, my mother had her hands full. Yet, she somehow was able to care for us, give us structure and direction, provide us a happy childhood, and teach us how to one day care for ourselves independently. My mother was also familiar with loss and grief. Yet she (and my dad) persevered and continued to be an example of strength.

Today, I want to say cheers to the caregivers! You have seen us in our most vulnerable moments. You have done things for us that we would have never imagined asking anyone in the world to do. Our diagnosis is equally your diagnosis, and though you don’t experience the sickness firsthand, you do indeed experience the ups and downs of it all. You don’t always get the accolades you deserve, but we know you deserve them tenfold.

Do you have any stories or special words you’d like to share about caregivers? 

jenny-livingston replied 3 years, 5 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.