• Brian King

Posted by luisa-palazola on January 21, 2019 at 5:23 pm

Hey y’all, every week we feature a #MCM on our Instagram page. Today we featured Brian King from St. Louis, MO. Here are 3 things he defines as important to HIS story with CF:

🧂I was diagnosed with CF when I was 6 weeks old. At that time we were told my life expectancy was 16 yrs old. Despite being told this by doctors, teased by peers, and protected by family; I’ve progressively managed my CF, but never allowed it to define me or be at the forefront of my mind. I played sports throughout childhood and never had sick days until college. My health declined so much I was forced to quit without a degree.

1. I had the choice to give up and let life fade away or fight harder than ever to make something of myself. I chose to learn a new skill via the internet and that soon turned into a career I could have never even dreamed of having. I’ve had a full time job for 3 years, and have learned that feeling of normalcy and accomplishment is truly what makes me thrive in life. I love what I do so much that CF is once again at the back of my mind, and my main focus is how I can continue to thrive and improve. I’ve recently married and now am looking forward to creating a family of my own.

2. I’ve learned so a lot through my hardships that I don’t think would have been possible if I hadn’t of gotten sick. If it’s worth having, it’s going to take hard work. I’ve learned no matter what society says: true happiness comes from inside and focusing on the positive things that make us thrive as humans. Nothing is a bigger waste of time and energy than trying to be someone you’re not. One of the most important things I’ve realized is that we HAVE to experience the bad things to be able to compare to and fully appreciate the good things!

3. We’re all scared of the unknown and I think that’s what makes it so terrifying. I believe the more focus we give to the negatives, the more power we allow them, therefore the more we attract them. Remember there’s no sense in worrying about the things we can’t control. Do your best in what you can control and let everything else play out as it may.

What is it you’re giving more power to in your life; the positives or the negatives?

luisa-palazola replied 5 years, 2 months ago 0 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.