This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Luisa Palazola 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

People with cystic fibrosis are living longer than ever, yet spending on healthcare for CF has exploded in recent years — with expenditures on medications alone jumping from an average $24,959 per patient in 2009 to $44,529 in 2015.

Unfortunately, many people with CF continue to struggle to pay for their healthcare. Click here to find out why this is happening and what might be done to fix this problem.

How do you pay for your medications and other healthcare needs? Have you had any issues with insurance that you would like to share with us?

Lise Hunter 
    Participant

Recently very disappointed at grand daughters last cf clinic appt. She just turned 7 yrs old and so far she’s not been hospitalized. Our disappointment was when we asked an out starting her on Orkambi. She has correct genes codes but we were told it’s too expensive and not covered. I asked how much and the nurse 250000.yearly. well we obviously aren’t able to cover the cost. So she goes without this drug that practically reverses the defect. I am writing to Christine Elliot our Minister of Health with a mere hope of getting a reply or action.

Luisa Palazola 
    Keymaster

@legolise Hi! I don’t know much about access to Orkambi in Canada, but I am going to message one of my friends in Quebec and see if I can dig up some resources for you. If you have Facebook, please feel free to add me there, Luisa Palazola.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © 2017-2019 All rights reserved.

©2019 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen